Josep M. Trigo-Rodríguez,
University Jaume I, Castellón
Last updated: October 2002
E-Mail: trigo [at] ieec.uab.es
Brief Biographical Information:
SPANISH FIREBALL NETWORK
Dept. Experimental Sciences, Campus del Riu Sec (E.S.T.C.E)
Dr. Trigo-Rodríguez coordinates the Spanish participation from the ground to Leonid MAC.
Born in Valencia, Spain
- 1999-Present Assistant Professor, University Jaume I, Castellon, Spain
- 2002 Ph.D. in Physics, speciality of astrophysics, University of Valencia, Spain. First specific thesis on
meteors defended in Spain.
- 1989-1997 Degree in Physics, University of Valencia, Spain.
- 1997-Present 2002 Coordinator Spanish Photographic Meteor Network.
- 1988-1992 Director Meteor Section, Iberoamerican Ligue of Astronomy (LIADA)
- 1988-1994 President, Sociedad Observadores de Meteoros y Cometas de Espagna (SOMYCE)
Solar System Minor Bodies(Comets/Asteroids/meteoroids).
Meteor spectroscopy and determination of chemical abundances.
Minor Bodies Formation Conditions.
Leonid Meteor Stream.
Photometry and spectroscopy of comets and asteroids.
Determination of meteoroid chemical abundances from meteors.
Spatial densities from meteor streams.
Thermodynamics: Minor Bodies Formation Conditions.
Meteor spectroscopy in the V band.
Ground coordination of SPMN stations.
Reduction of stereoscopic images.
Determination of meteoroid orbits.
Meteoroid fluxes: determination of spatial densities.
Research on Leonid MAC:
Location of camera batteries to obtain stereoscopic images of meteors and from here the real trajectories in
the atmosphere and the respective heliocentric orbits.
Aerial camera F24 equiped for meteor spectroscopy. Development of CCD techniques to obtain high
resolution spectroscopy of fireballs and trains.
Results todate include studies of meteor stream activity, determination of orbits and chemical abundances
from meteor spectra.
Some related publications:
- Trigo-Rodríguez J.M. (2001) Protoplanetary disks, solar system minor bodies and origin of life, in First
Steps in the Origin of Life in the Universe, Proceedings of the Sixth Trieste Conference on Chemical
Evolution held at Trieste (Italy), pag. 151-156, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
- Trigo-Rodríguez J.M., J. Fabregat, J. Llorca and A. Castro-Tirado (2001) Spanish Photographic Meteor
Network: An interdisciplinary crosslink, in First Steps in the Origin of Life in the Universe, Proceedings of
the Sixth Trieste Conference on Chemical Evolution held at Trieste (Italy), pag. 387-391, Kluwer Academic
Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
- Trigo-Rodríguez J.M., J. Fabregat y J. Llorca, (2001) Leonid fluxes: 1994-1998 activity patterns,
Meteoritics & Planetary Science 36, n. 12 (dic. 2001).
- Trigo-Rodríguez J.M., J. Llorca y J. Fabregat (2002) On the origin of the 1999 Leonid storm as
deduced from photographic observations, Earth, Moon & Planets, in press.